You can specify which safety alerts and warnings you receive.
1. From the Settings menu, tap Safety Alerts and Warnings .
2. The Safety Alerts and Warnings screen is displayed. There are four sections. You will need to scroll down the screen to see them all.
- Speed Limit: Alerts you when you are exceeding the speed limit.
- Safety Cameras (Available in certain regions only): Alerts you when you are in the proximity of safety cameras.
- POI Alerts: Alerts you when you are in the proximity of specified Points of Interest.
- Motion Lock: Locks the navigation screen during a trip.
Speed Limit Settings
1. Tap Show speed limit to switch off/on the speed limit indicator .
2. Tap Show speed warning to switch off/on the speed warnings.
3. Tap Warn when exceeding speed limit by, if you want to change the threshold at which the speed warning appears; then tap the required speed.
4. Tap Receive audible speed warning to switch off/on the speed warnings.
Safety Camera Settings
1. Tap Display Safety Camera Alerts to switch on/off alerts when you are within the proximity of a safety camera. If the speed limit for that camera is known and you are exceeding that speed limit, the alert will be displayed in red; if you are within the speed limit, the alert is displayed in green.
2. When enabled, you can change the proximity settings, i.e. how close to the camera you are before the alert is displayed. Tap Warn When to change the proximity settings, and select the required distance from the list.
If you have POI alerts switched on, CoPilot will display an alert when you are within the proximity of specific POIs. For example, you might want to know when you are close to a fuel station, or a restaurant.
The example below shows an alert for a fuel station.
1. Tap the POI alert to view more information on the POI, and how far away it is.
2. Tap Go to reroute to the POI; or Ignore to continue your journey.
POI alerts will only be displayed if they are switched on.
To Change POI Alert Settings
1. Tap Show POI Alerts.
2. Tap POI Alerts to change the settings.
3. You can change the distance from POIs when alerts are displayed. Tap the required distance.
4. Select whether the alerts will appear only if they are actually ahead on your route, or near your route.
5. Tap Select POIs to Alert to choose which POIs you will be alerted to.
6. Tap individual POIs, or Select All to select all of them.
Motion Lock is a safety feature that allows you to pick a speed at which the navigation map will be locked, preventing user input. When Motion Lock is switched on, the Quick Menu is still available, but most of the functions are disabled. Map functions, except zoom and pan, are also disabled.
Motion Lock cannot be switched off until the vehicle has stopped, or is traveling below the motion threshold. When switched on, the Motion Lock symbol is displayed on the map.
To activate Motion Lock:
1. Go to the Settings menu and tap Safety Alerts & Warnings.
2. Scroll down to Motion Lock and tap the slider bar to activate. (It will slide to the right.)
3. Tap next to the speed at which you would like Motion Lock to enage.