If you are licensed for ActiveTraffic, and a traffic delay is found on your planned route, CoPilot may offer an alternate route at any point during your trip.
A new route will be offered if the traffic delay is greater than 10 minutes, and there is a quicker route available. CoPilot will announce "Traffic Alert," and it will display a message like the one in the screen below.
Choosing a route around traffic
When you receive a traffic alert, you can:
- Follow the new route: Tap Accept and CoPilot will automatically switch to the faster route.
- Ignore the alert: Tap the X at the top of the alert to close it or wait 15 seconds and it will automatically disappear.
- Review the new route: Tap View and an Alternate Traffic Route window will open. The time and distance for the new route will be shown in a blue callout box. (The current route will be shown in a white callout.)
- If you want to follow the alternate route, tap the green button to begin navigation.
- If you want to stay on the existing route, tap the X to close the Alternate Traffic Route screen and resume your previous trip.
For CoPilot Integrators
While the default value is 10 minutes, CoPilot can be configured to increase or decrease the delay time. We recommend setting it no lower than 3 minutes to avoid having a driver receive very frequent alerts. If you want a driver to receive few or no warnings at all, set a very high value—like 60 minutes.
Routes around road closures
If CoPilot's ActiveTraffic finds a road closure when you're first calculating your route, you will receive the following voice notification that you are being rerouted: "Calculating alternate route due to closure on [road name]".
To view the closure, go to the MAP screen. The closure is shown as a black line over the road you might have expected CoPilot to take.
If ActiveTraffic finds a closure at any point during your trip, it will automatically reroute around the closure and issue a voice notification that you are being rerouted. It will not display a pop-up message as it does when you are given the option of whether to reroute around a traffic-related delay.
General traffic settings
The traffic feature and display bar can be turned on or off using in the Settings menu > ActiveTraffic.