Click on the Route Compliance tab to select the Vehicle or Driver Group of which you would like to see route compliance information.
Once you click Route Compliance, a side menu pops up with the option to view Vehicle Groups or Driver Groups.
Step 1: Select a Vehicle or Driver Group
You can toggle between Vehicle and Driver Groups by selecting one of Vehicles or Drivers buttons.
Use the Filter to quickly search for a vehicle or driver group by their name. The number of vehicles within each group is displayed next to the vehicle or driver group name.
In the above example, represents the number of vehicles in the vehicle group - Vehicle_Group_1001.
Click on a vehicle or driver group name to select and view the information related to the vehicles or drivers within that group.
Step 2: Select one or more vehicles
Date Range: Select a date range for which you would like to view the routes taken by one or a group of vehicles.
Vehicles: You can view information related to the routes taken by selecting one or more vehicles in the group.
Filter Selection: In this example, a vehicle by the name RF_Truck_1 has been searched and selected.
Hide Routes with no Events: ‘Events’ here refers to the vehicle out-of-route events. Check this box to eliminate all records associated with the selected vehicle that are fully compliant with the planned route.
Hide Routes with Unpredictable Data: CoPilot might send back inaccurate GPS data points which could result in inaccurate calculation of total distance and display of the route on CoPilot RouteReporter. Checking this option eliminates displaying routes that may contain outliers.
Step 3: View the trip and Out-of-Route events
Click on to view all routes executed by the selected vehicle.
Each route is presented in the form of a route card.
- Click the icon to center the map to display the origin and destination of the route executed.
Click on iconsto show or hide all routes.
Elements of the Route Card:
- Driver Name and Vehicle Name that were used to complete the route. Click the toggle switch to On, to display the selected route on the map.
- The actual and planned distance and duration information.
- The Events refers to the Out-of-Route events or the number of times the driver deviated from the planned trip. In this example, the driver deviated 2 times.
- The RouteSource indicates the source using which the route was generated for the trip. In this example, indicates that the destination was manually entered by the driver.
- Click to view all Out-of-Route deviations along the planned route.
- Origin and Destination address including the Departure and Arrival Information
- Routing Profile used for the trip. Please note that if a driver selects a routing profile not prescribed by the Fleet Admin through CoPIlot FleetPortal, a drop down list of all routing profiles assigned to the vehicle will be displayed.
- Actual and Planned Route on Map
Planned Route – the original prescribed route either generated by CoPilot Truck or from a RouteSync package. This will match the color of the corresponding table row.
Actual Route – the actual route taken by the driver as defined by GPS breadcrumbs recorded while the route was active. This will match the color of the corresponding table row.
Note: the map will display straight lines between GPS points in order to provide an efficient service.
Route Origin – the starting point of the planned route, typically where the vehicle was when the route was generated. Clicking on this icon on the map will pop up a callout with additional information about the
Route Origin event.
Route Destination – the ending point of the planned route. In multi-stop routes, this is the last stop of the trip. Clicking on this icon on the map will pop up a callout with additional information about the Route
Left Planned Route – where the vehicle left the prescribed route beyond the defined distance threshold. This will match the color of the corresponding table row. Clicking on this icon on the map will pop up a callout with additional information about the Left Planned Route event.
Rejoined Planned Route – where the vehicle came back to the prescribed route. This will match the color of the corresponding table row. Clicking on this icon on the map will pop up a callout with additional information about the Rejoined Route event
- Route Details
The route details provide a comprehensive view of compliance data reported including the Out of Route Event details.
Data accuracy refers to the quality of GPS data points captured by CoPilot. ‘High’ data accuracy indicates accurate calculation of distance and display of routes whereas ‘Low’ data accuracy indicates that the data may not be very reliable.
The Out of Route Event details include:
- Type of event i.e. the driver left the prescribed route or rejoined the prescribed route
- Date and time when the event occurred
- OOR distance when the event occurred
- Location and GPS Coordinates information