CoPilot uses a Vehicle Routing Profile to generate an optimal route by considering the type of vehicle that you are driving, as well as your preferences for how that vehicle should be routed. For example, if you are driving a truck, CoPilot will calculate a route that considers:
- Physical restrictions, such as low or weak bridges.
- Legal restrictions, such as the maximum dimensions, weight and speed that apply to the vehicle.
- Whether you are carrying a hazardous cargo.
- The need to avoid lower classes of roads and U-turns.
Preset Vehicle Routing Profiles
Because CoPilot tailors your route to the type of vehicle that you are driving, you must make sure that you have selected the correct vehicle profile before embarking upon a trip. (If you are running CoPilot on a company issued device, this profile may be set in advance by your fleet administrator using CoPilot FleetPortal.)
CoPilot comes with several preset vehicle routing profiles. The list of predefined profiles that are available to you is determined by the version of CoPilot that you have. For example, the following profiles are available in CoPilot:
- Auto (automobiles)
- RV (recreational vehicles)
If you have a license for truck routing, you will have access to a wide range of routing profiles depending on your worldwide region. (Available in CoPilot 10.14 and Higher.) A full list of those profiles is available here.
Selecting a Profile
1. On the Settings menu, select Vehicle Routing Profiles .
2. On the Vehicle Routing Profiles screen, select the vehicle routing profile that you would like to use.
3. Tap the back arrow to return to the Settings menu, and tap it again to return to the MAP screen.