In Account Manager, you assign a CoPilot Truck or a MileOn license to a unique ID. Each ID is associated with an “asset,” which could be a vehicle, a mobile device or a driver. The IDs are used to keep track of your licenses in Account Manager and also to log in to the apps on your devices.
Depending on how you set up your account when you purchased your app licenses, an ID will have one of three names displayed in the Account Manager:
- A Vehicle ID, if you are assigning app licenses to equipment associated with a vehicle.
- A Device ID, if you are assigning app licenses to a mobile device that may be used by different people at different times. Device ID may also appear as an Inventory ID (Barcode).
- A Driver ID / Employee ID, if you are assigning app licenses to a driver with a company assigned device or a personal device. A Driver ID may also appear as an Email or a Phone number.
If you are using CoPilot or MileOn via your ELD provider, your IDs will automatically be populated in the Assets screen of the Account Manager with information from your ELD account.
If you are using Account Manager separate from an ELD solution, you will create your IDs when you add assets. You can customize how you identify your licenses in Account Manager in the Account Settings screen > Identify Licensee By drop-down menu.
How IDs are Used
Your IDs in Account Manager are how you will assign and keep track of which vehicles, devices or drivers are using CoPilot or MileOn. Once you assign an app license to a Vehicle ID or a Driver ID, it serves as:
- The Username you will use when you log in to an app on a device.
- The Vehicle ID or Driver ID you will use to assign CoPilot settings to devices in FleetPortal.
- The Vehicle or Driver identifiers you will use to track route compliance in RouteReporter.
Device IDs also serve as the Username you will use when you log in to an app on a device. However, as FleetPortal and RouteReporter associate settings and reports with vehicles or drivers, separate Vehicle IDs are needed in case the device is moved from vehicle to vehicle. These Vehicle IDs can be mapped to Device IDs using URL launch.
Activating an App on a Device
Activating and logging into CoPilot or MileOn on a device requires a Username (Vehicle ID, Device ID or Driver ID) and the Company ID assigned to your company’s account. The Company ID is available at the top of the Account Manager’s home screen. (If you are using CoPilot or MileOn through an ELD provider, you will also see your Partner listed.)
There are three ways to log in to CoPilot or MileON on a device, and they all require a Username, which is unique to each device, and a Company ID, which is the same for all of your devices.
- Manual login. You enter information into a Sign Up screen. Manual login also requires that you create a password. It is most frequently used by smaller fleets or fleets that are assigning CoPilot or MileOn directly to drivers.
- URL launch (CoPilot only). URL launch allows you to open CoPilot from another application and automatically log in by passing in the Username and Company ID. Integrations using our CoPilot SDK App can also use URL launch for login.
- API integration (CoPilot 10.14.0.368 and higher only). The CoPilot CPIK libraries now include APIs that allow you to pass in a Username and a Company ID to programmatically launch CoPilot on a device and log in.