Trimble Maps continuously updates its map data so you can generate the best routes for your vehicles. Below is an overview of updates made by our team of mapping experts for North America in Q3.1 2023. Please see the .pdf file attached to this article for full details.
NOTE: Data updates may be made available in different products at different times. The type of data available also depends on your licensing. Please contact us if you are unsure of your data licensing.
- Updates to the road network were made in 219 counties
- 13 new construction road projects were added
- Truck attributes were updated; totaling more than 900,000 miles
- Truck through-travel restrictions were updated within 57 city limits
- Weight limits were updated in Oregon, Mississippi, Oklahoma
- Posted vertical clearances were reviewed
- Tolls were updated to reflect new rates in New York, Washington, and Florida
- City points and postal codes were updated for the U.S. and Canada
- 5,364 new POIs were added to the Places Database (1,839 distribution centers, 2,618 retail storefronts, 2 intermodal facilities, 895 manufacturing plants, 2 rest areas, 1 weigh stations, and 7 truck stops)
- 4,546 new site locations were coded (1,522 distribution centers, 2,197 retail storefronts, 2 intermodal facilities, 817 manufacturing plants, 2 rest areas, 1 weigh station, and 5 truck stops)
- More than 958 customer-reported issues were fixed
- More than 80 miles of new highway-level network was added to the United States
How to Access the Most Current Data
Data is updated once a year with the new version release. It includes all of the map updates made between versions.
PC*MILER Web and Web Services
Updates are automatically available upon release. To access:
- Web—In the Routes panel, mark the Route Options > Reporting Preferences > Report Data Version field with Current. (Current is the default)
- Web Services—Mark the dataVersion field with Current. (Current is the default)
- App Store Customers—You will be notified to download updates through the app.
- Enterprise Customers (Indirect)—Contact the partner who sold you CoPilot to be sure you have the latest app version and data.
- Enterprise Customers (Direct) and Integration Partners—Updates can be downloaded over the air via API or directly from our portal.
MileOn by PC*MILER
You will be notified to download updates through the app.
You will be notified via email when updates are available.