The CoPilot app is downloaded onto devices from Google Play, the Apple App Store, or via your mobile device management (MDM) software. There are two common ways to install the app:
- Invite a driver to join your company account
- Install and activate apps in company vehicles or devices
Invite a driver to join your company account
Follow these steps if you plan to have your drivers install the apps on their own devices.
Before getting started, we recommend reaching out to drivers directly so they understand your company's plans for the use of CoPilot, as well as their role in installing the app.
- In the Users screen of the Account Manager, you will see an Invite button listed under the Invite column next to the user's information, and Assigned under Status.
- Click on Invite to invite the user to install the app you have assigned to him or her.
- The driver will receive an e-mail notification with instructions on how to download the app and activate the license in a two-step process.
- After signing in, the driver will be prompted to select maps and set a Vehicle Routing Profile to prepare CoPilot for navigation. (The driver won't need to set a Vehicle Routing Profile if you have already assigned one to all of your drivers in FleetPortal.)
- After you send the invitation, you will see a Resend button under the Invite column for that user in the Users panel. You can click that button to send a new invitation, if necessary.
- Once the user has installed the app and activated the license, you will see Activated listed under the Status column for that user.
Install and activate apps in company vehicles or devices
Follow these steps if you plan to have a technical professional install CoPilot on all of your company's devices.
CoPilot can be downloaded directly from app stores or installed on mobile devices via an MDM solution. Or, if an email address is included with a user’s information in the Account Manager, you can open that email on the device where you want to install the app, and it will take you through the download and installation process. (Follow the same instructions above for drivers.)
- Once the app is loaded on the device, the device needs to be authenticated to obtain the license. On an individual device, you will see a Welcome screen the first time you open it. Tap Join Company Account. Alternatively, large fleets can use URL launch through your MDM to automate this licensing process.
- On the CoPilot ID Sign Up screen, in the Email or Username field, enter the ID for this device. The ID is found in the Users screen of the Account Manager.
- Choose a Password and confirm it.
- Finally, enter the six-character Company ID, which you'll find at the top of the Account Manager home screen. Tap Continue.
- After signing in, you will be prompted to select maps and set a Vehicle Routing Profile to prepare CoPilot for navigation. (You won't need to set a Vehicle Routing Profile if you have already assigned one to all of your vehicles in FleetPortal.)
- Once the app has been installed on the device, the Status column in the Account Manager for that User will switch from Assigned to Activated.