In ALK Content Tools, you can create custom Sites - predefined areas such as warehouses, shopping malls and business parks that include site-specific details for generating accurate, safe and efficient deliveries, down to the last mile.
With Sites, you can provide drivers with the location's best entry and exit points, as well as other critical information they need to avoid getting lost, feeling stressed or wasting time.
Creating a Site
To create a Site, the site location must already be assigned as a Place.
1. Click on Places in the top ribbon menu and select one of your existing Places in the Place Sets panel.
2. At the bottom of the Place's information, click on Manage in the Site Manager.
3. Click anywhere on the map to begin drawing the Site polygon around the Place. You create the polygon by:
- Clicking a spot on the boundary of the site. (Often, but not necessarily, a road.)
- Dragging the drawing tool in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction and clicking again on the next spot on the boundary.
- Continuing to drag and click until the polygon surrounds the entire Place.
4. When the entire Place is within the polygon, double-click to complete the Site.
5. If you need to start over and re-draw the Site, click Clear at the bottom of the Site panel.
Adding Entry and Exit Gates
Once you've created a site, you must now add Entry and Exit gates. A Site must have at least one Entry and one Exit gate, or at least one Entry+Exit gate.
1. Click on the Add Gate button.
2. Click inside the Site polygon or on its edge to define Entry or Exit gates for the site.
3. If necessary, you can drag the gate location to change its placement. Gates should be inside or on the edge of the Site.
4. To add additional gates, repeats steps 1-3 above.
5. After the gate is added, you can also change its Gate Type, using the drop-down menu.
6. Click Save once you have completed gate placements. This Place has now been saved as a Site.
Places that are defined as Sites will show a blue square in their listing under a Place Set.