Trimble MAPS continuously updates its map data so you can generate the best routes for your vehicles. Below are highlights of updates made by our team of mapping experts in North America for Q2.1 2020. For more details, please refer to the .pdf file attached to this article.
NOTE: Data updates may be made available in different products at different times. The type of data available also depends on your licensing. Please contact us if you are unsure of your data licensing.
- Updates to the road network were made in 53 counties
- Ten new construction road projects were added
- Truck attributes were updated; totaling more than 900,000 miles
- Truck through-travel restrictions were updated within three city limits
- Weight limits were updated in Alaska, Arizona, British Columbia, Idaho & Newfoundland and Labrador
- 53’ routing attribution was reviewed and updated in Missouri
- Tolls were updated to reflect new rates in Indiana, Virginia
- City points and postal codes were updated for the US and Canada
- Five new locations were added to the Places database (2 distribution centers, 1 manufacturing plant and 2 truck stops)
- Five new site locations were coded (2 distribution centers, 1 manufacturing plant and 2 truck stops)
- More than 1,080 customer-reported issues were fixed
- More than 20 miles of new highway-level network was added to the United States
Select Construction Updates
A sampling of the construction updates in this release:
|Maryland||I-270 Watkins Mill Interchange – A new full interchange structure now connects Watkins Mill Road and I-270. Gaithersburg, MD 39.156025N, 77.226005W|
|Virginia||US-15/US-17/US-29 and US-15 Bus/US-17 Bus/US-29 Bus Interchange – The interchange of US-15/US-17/US-29 and US-15 Bus/US-17 Bus/US-29 Bus was reconfigured from an intersection to a dumbbell interchange. Warrenton, VA 38.687093N, 77.78699W|
|Michigan||Miller Road and North Wagner Road Roundabout – The intersection of Miller Road and North Wagner Road was reconfigured into a roundabout. Ann Arbor, MI 42.305515N, 83.8001W|
|Minnesota||105th Avenue Northeast and National Sports Center Roundabouts – Two intersections along the 105th Avenue Northeast were reconfigured into two roundabouts. St Paul, MN 45.160773N, 93.225448W|
|Ohio||I-480 and I-271 Interchange – A new ramp from eastbound I-480 to southbound I-271. Macedonia, OH 41.353279N, 81.513394W|
Plains and Rockies Region
|Kansas||US-281 and US-50 Roundabout – The interchange of US-281 and US-50 was reconfigured into a roundabout. St. John, KS 37.955746N, 98.747012W|
|North Carolina||I-26 Exit 33 – The interchange of I-26 and Brevard Road was reconfigured with new westbound entrance and exit ramps. Asheville, NC 35.537399N, 82.603459W|
|California||West 4th Street and Potrero Boulevard – Extension of West 4th Street and Potrero Boulevard between Prosperity Way and CA-60. Beaumont, CA 33.928535N, 117.01664W|
U.S. ZIP Codes Added
- 18411 Ransom Twp, PA, Lackawanna
- 60060 Hawthorn Wds, IL, Lake
- 60060 Hawthorn Woods, IL, Lake
- 83713 Meridian, ID, Ada
- 92007 Cardiff By The Sea New, CA, San Diego
U.S. ZIP Code Removed
- 90899 Long Beach, CA, Los Angeles
SPLC Location Corrections
- 200664000 Clarks Summit, PA, Lackawanna
- 381711000 Mundelein, IL, Lake
- Abraham Lincoln Bridge - rates increased as of 7/1/2020
- Lewis and Clark Bridge - rates increased as of 7/1/2020
- John F. Kennedy Memorial Bridge - rates increased as of 7/1/2020
- Veterans Bridge (Dominion Blvd) - rates increase as of 7/1/2020
All border locations were updated
|Two new locations were added to the database|
Two new locations were added to the database
|One new location was added to the database|
Energy Road Updates
(Energy add-on license required)
- Energy roads have been updated in Alberta, Canada
- Energy roads have been updated in Kansas in the following counties: Grant, Wichita, Greeley, Stanton, Scott, Morton and Haskell
How to Access the Most Current Data
PC*MILER Web and Web Services
Updates are automatically available upon release. To access:
- Web—In the Routes panel, mark the Route Options > Reporting Preferences > Report Data Version field with Current.
- Web Services—Mark the dataVersion field with Current.
- App Store Customers—You will be notified to download updates through the app.
- Enterprise Customers (Indirect)—Contact the partner who sold you CoPilot to be sure you have the latest app version and data.
- Enterprise Customers (Direct) and Integration Partners—Updates can be downloaded over the air via API or directly from our portal.
MileOn by PC*MILER
You will be notified to download updates through the app.
You will be notified via email when updates are available.