The customer file should be provided as a .CSV (Comma Delimited) file.
Saving Your Spreadsheet as a CSV
Entries are broken into the following columns in excel. Other information can be included for your record in separate columns (Company ID, etc.). This information will simply be ignored by the import tool.
- ID (Optional)
- Name (Optional)
- All addresses are clearly typed and free of any extraneous information (i.e. Suite and Building numbers, special characters etc.). Remove any unnecessary commas.
- Cities are spelled properly
- Zip Code
- Zip codes are accurate
- The latitude/longitude points provided should contain a (-) for directional designations, no directional designations if possible
- For best success Latitude/Longitude coordinates are up to 6 digits beyond the decimal point (Why is Latitude/Longitude decimal precision important?).
- Any other data to help you prioritize (i.e. date last visited, number of visits in the last year)