Tap, GO and Discover more
You can tap on any town or city, road or Point of Interest, or any flag – Destination, Waypoint, or Start Location to find out more information about it, add it as a destination or view additional location specific information.
You can also see more information about the destinations you've entered, manage them and change your trip.
- Tap on any town or city, road, POI or destination flag on the map
- An info box will show the location on the map.
- Tap › on the info box to bring up more details about the location
Depending on where you tapped on the map, the following options may be available:
- Set Destination - to set the location as your destination
- Add to favourites - to save the destination as a Favourite
- Avoid this road - to find an alternative road to the one you have selected
- Route through here - changes the road to a Waypoint so that you travel through it on your journey
- Telephone number - if the phone number for a POI is available, you can call the place using the phone on your mobile device. For example, you may want to call a restaurant to reserve a table.
- Hide category POIs – to choose not to display this category of POI on the map anymore
- Delete - to remove the stop from your journey
- Edit trip - let's you change the journey you've planned
- Weather – to check the weather conditions at this location†‡
- Nearby Wikipedia Places – to search Wikipedia article titles to find places of Interest†‡
- Share - you can share details about your journey with people in your social network using Facebook, Twitter or Email†‡.
Here's how to post or share your journey on social media or email:
- You can choose to show your Current Location, Destination and ETA with people in your social network.
- Post preview show you the standard message that will be posted.
- Select a social network. Choose Facebook, Twitter or both.
- Tap Post.
- Select Settings to adjust how CoPilot shares your location information on Facebook and Twitter.
- Select the Email tab.
- You can choose what information you want to send.
- Tap Preview Email.
- CoPilot will open your device’s email application so that you can select people to email and customise the message.
* The availability of this service may vary by country/region
† This CoPilot service requires a mobile Internet connection and may incur data charges from your mobile network.
‡ You need to have a GPS fix to use this service.